Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I realize that this is NOT the blog that I had intended but I felt as a couple things came to mind this week and last that this was more on my heart.

This is my own version of a friend's blog and how it applies to my life and my kids; hers was about her kids being sick and mine is about the current state of life.

God reminds me that my children are not mine to keep. They are mine to surrender. And the more I hear about certain things going on, the more I have to give them to Him but the more I want to hold them close. It’s heart-wrenching to yield them so fully to the Lord while longing more every day to grab them in my arms and run to safety.
It is easy to feel guilty that God uses our kids to purify our faith, that my walk with God has the potential to bring trials into my kids’ lives is a sobering reality. Yet my walk with Him also means they benefit from my transformation and share in the joys as I declare His faithfulness to the next generation.

Interesting to think about!

3 comments:

The Miller Family said...

What a beautiful post, Beth. Your words are an incredible reminder of the joyous wonder and overwhelming responsibility of parenting.

True success comes only by allowing God to work through us, conforming us into His image. (Sometimes that hurts!)

Thanks again for a timely reminder.

Love,
Katie

Julie said...

Hello, thank you for that post. I love to read what is on other mom's minds. At times it is a helpful reminder. I finally got around to updating ours. While doing so, this one photo of Katelynn looks so much like your blog shot. She definitely has your beautiful smile and eyes!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VafLSNN8-q4/SeqL4w66c8I/AAAAAAAABfo/U7d0R86wslA/s1600-h/028.JPG

Love,
Julie

Julie said...

Tell me about it, the kids do grow so quick. I honestly feel like it was yesterday when we got the call about Katelynn and now she is 6. Funny thing about the piano, I think she does have a natural talent which is hard. She can sit down and just play a beautiful song. But we want her to get the knowledge of music which at times is hard b/c she would just rather play her own tunes. Time will tell. Her piano teacher told her the other day she had a beautiful voice, so maybe other things in our future?! Love watching your little ones grow, keep up the great job you are doing those gifts God gave you :)