Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanksgiving 2008

So, I'm supposed to write a story about Thanksgiving 2008, as a family of 5. I'm not really in the mood to write bc I'm really not feeling well, but we'll see how it goes!! I'm writing this as the girls would've remembered it!

Thanksgiving 2008 was focused on us giving thanks to Jesus for our family, friends and food. We spent the day watching movies and then making dinner. We didn't have turkey because mommy had a hard time sticking her hand inside and pulling out all the stuff in there. Mommy almost threw up! YUCK! Finally daddy tried to help but the turkey was still a little frozen - oops! Oh well, we ended up having ham, sweet potato casserole, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and stuffing! It was so yummy! Jett even got to eat some rice cereal for the first time! The next day we had it all over again, except we got to eat the yummy turkey because mommy finally got all that yucky stuff out of it and baked it!

1 comment:

The Dischers said...

You are so funny, Beth! So, what is the project in which you are supposed to write a story about Thanksgiving - or is this a self imposed order?

I know, I had a hard time "pulling out the yucky stuff" too at first. Then when I had to "pull out the yucky stuff" on a freshly butchered chicken, I really grossed out, but I did it and now THANKFULLY the kids do all that kind of stuff for me ;)

Sounds like a really nice at home Thanksgiving!

Love,
The other Beth