Friday, October 3, 2008

Psalm 13

I was in a hole, a deep hole...for about 2 years. During these times I wondered "God, where are You? What are You doing?". I hurt, I cried, I prayed. And sometimes I got mad and I didn't pray. Praise God, I am coming out of that hole. It's a process. But I'm so thankful for the Psalms during this process, Psalm 13 especially:

"O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever! How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day..."

"...But I trust in your unfailing love, I will rejoice because You have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because He has been so good to me."

How encouraging that David felt the same way!

4 comments:

Amy B. said...

Great blog Beth! Those pictures are precious!

The Miller Family said...

Hey Beth! I love your quote in your profile..."deperate to love as God loves". There couldn't be a better motto for life.

The babies are adorable!

Love,
Katie

The Miller Family said...

Aaaah! I meant DESPERATE!

Fohner Family said...

About time, girly. Hey, give me a call if you ever feel that way again! Love you & the fam :)